stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject [Discuss] adding persistent storage support for cartridge instance.
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 04:46:07 GMT
Hi,

I think $subject is very important specially when comes to data cartridges
like MySQL, Mongo ..etc. So we need to define these volume requirements in
the cartridge definitions. It should support 1 to n number of volumes. (we
can define max, say 5?)

Then CC can attached these volumes (witting underling IaaS via jclouds) to
the cartridge instance and pass the volume information to instance via
payload. Cartridge must configured to get these volume information and
configure itself. And also we need to add these volume information to the
topology under member information.

Let see what is the use case of this.

Say that somehow cartridge instance crashed. We can identify this by
cartridge health stats not coming to CEP, then it will summaries these info
and notifier auto scaler. Then auto scaler should create new instance for
this cashed instance. When it notify CC, it should attached previously used
volumes (can get from the topology) to newly created instance. With this we
can pass persist data to newly created instances.

When cartridge un-subscription we can destroy these volumes.

WDYT?
--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.