stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stratos developer guide: demo environment
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 01:52:29 GMT
Chris, answers in line.
On Dec 17, 2013 1:55 AM, "chris snow" <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the developer guide, there is a section "How does Apache Stratos
(Incubating) work?" where I describe a high level overview of a typical
workflow.

> In the next section (heading title: "Where can I try or see this workflow
in action?"), I would like to give the reader hands on experience of the
typical workflow.

> Question 1) Which of the following options are currently available for
Stratos?
> Live Demo Service
Nope.
> Pre-setup Virtual Machine Images
Yes.

> Puppet/Chef scripts to setup a local demo environment
Yes.
> Recorded webinar of the typical functionality
Probably after the release.
> Screenshots of the functionality
Good thought... again should do after the release.
> Instructions for manual setup of local demo environment
If I'm not mistaken, someone already started to build this.
> I know the last option (6 - manual setup) is available, but that is a big
investment of time, and would probably put of a lot of potential developers.

> Question 2) Is it worth creating JIRA tickets for the options: 1
(creating a demo stratos environment), 2 (creating stratos VMs), and 3
(creating stratos setup scripts) so that users/developers have a quicker
way of playing with stratos?

Yes, please do if they are not already there.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GiEsqVbqhp0rBqf6LhpNqB57TVxIApNg9o1Sk0zI9Oo