stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: IaaS support for multiple partition
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 06:35:55 GMT
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com
>> > wrote:

>>> I think what we need is something just before the deployment, that is in
>>> the partition creation time. Otherwise, it's a nightmare for the person who
>>> configures partitions.
>>>

>> Exactly, i was trying to say the same. Validation should happen at the
>> deployment time and let the person who configure/ deploy them whether it
>> was successful. I mean if the validation fails, deployment should fail.
>>

> What I meant was to not let anyone define invalid partition, by enforcing
> the partition definition via a tool.

Ahh. Ok..

What i had in my was to let the dev-op(or similar person) deploy all the
xmls manually as file in the serves.
But later we will provide the facility to deploy them from GUI.

Is that what you mean or a different tool? If so have we discussed on such
a tool in dev(sorry if i have missed)?

Thanks.

>>>  I think we've already discussed about a tool to create these
>>> partitions. We might need to get that in.
>>>

>> +1.
>>
>>  Thanks.

Should

In this case,