stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M3 is READY
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 04:33:15 GMT
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> From the "Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M1 Plan" thread:
>
> "We are now preparing for the first milestone of the Apache Stratos
> (incubating) 4.0.0 release. The version of this milestone would be
> called 4.0.0-M1."
>
> From the "Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M1 Status" thread:
>
> "We have now created an Amazon EC2 instance with all the latest binary
> packages of Load Balancer, Cloud Controller, Auto-Scaler and CEP
> Extension. A PHP cartridge was created using the new Cartridge Agent."
>
> I keep spotting this "we" in the emails, which makes me uncomfortable.
> Who is "we"?
>
> My impression is that this "we" refers to the WSO2 team, and that
> these actions are being planned away from the list.

Honestly, to me , I feel that , "we are" is "active PPMC/committers", but
problem may that, current all active committers are from WSO2.
AFAIK,  individual committers will work on each components with associate
JIRAs, and they are marked which milestone they were deliver. Who ever
building the milestone, takes these JIRAs and compile a milestone, saying
what features/fixes going with milestone.

But I agreed, we (committers)  should clearly discuss these things in dev
list, because who are not actively following the developments may confuse
with the process. Will work on these items and will correct the process.

Thanks Noah for detailed feedback, its highly appreciate.

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.