stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M1 Status
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 03:08:13 GMT
Hi Imesh,

Small addition from autoscaler side as per the yesterday state,

   - We can deploy/ hot deploy autoscale policy as a xml filr
   - Autoscaler receives cluster created event sent from Cloud controller
   when the subscription happens
   - It process the request using rules engine(drools) and calls the Cloud
   controller to spawn minimum number of instance in all Cloud partitions.
   - Cloud controller spawned the requested instances

I will send a detailed description to Autoscaler discussion thread.

Thanks.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have now created an Amazon EC2 instance with all the latest binary
> packages of Load Balancer, Cloud Controller, Auto-Scaler and CEP Extension.
> A PHP cartridge was created using the new Cartridge Agent.
>
> At the moment we are going through the complete flow by fixing integration
> issues being found.
>
> *Work Flow Items Done:*
> - All modules are now communicating properly via the message broker.
> - Cartridge definitions get deployed properly.
> - Stratos Controller is working as expected. A tenant user could subscribe
> to a cartridge using this.
> - Cartridge Agent is properly publishing instance status events to the
> message broker.
> - Cloud Controller is properly publishing topology events to the message
> broker.
> - Load Balancer is receiving topology events and updating its topology
> data structure.
>
> *Work Flow Items Missing:*
> - Real-time Event Processing Engine integration is not done.
> - Cartridge Agent is not deploying the artifacts. We need to update the
> payload.zip.
> - Auto-Scaler is not spinning up instances since Real-time Event
> Processing Engine integration is missing.
>
> Team: Please update if I have missing any other points.
>
> Thanks
> Imesh

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,