stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC2
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:16:47 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

Please take note this quote from Seb on a vote on general list:

---
> What is the hash of the tag please? Tags are not immutable, so should
be included in the vote e-mail for the record."
----

So please point to the explicit tag and also the hash of it. In the RC2 vote thread you pointed
tag as:

> The tag to be voted upon:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tag;h=da5f09d48270eec311dded8a87a8fe3809700625

I went to that link, clicked on tree -> pom.xml (raw) and noticed the SNAPSHOT in version.
Please suggest if there is a better direct link to the correct tag.

Note that first release will be time consuming and will take take. Once you get it right,
next releases will be smother. You are doing, please continue your patience and work through
all these issues.

Suresh

On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Chip,
>
> Sorry for the being late to send cancel note.
> We will make changes according to Suresh's comments and create RC3. So we cancel this
vote.
> Please still test on RC2 binary packs any functionality you were planning to test so
we can find out if there are any other problems with this RC.

> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:46:05AM -0400, Suresh Marru wrote:
> > Since there was no discuss thread for this RC2, I am starting one.
> >
> > The release has few issues:
> >
> > * The tag to be voted on below has pom files which has -SNAPSHOT. A release tag
to be voted on should be the release version without SNAPSHOT.
example - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-097/org/apache/stratos/wso2agent-p2-profile-gen/3.0.0-incubating/wso2agent-p2-profile-gen-3.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip