stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RESTful API for Stratos Controller
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:22:33 GMT
Hi Devs,

Can someone of you please schedule a hangout for the above topic. :)

below is the description i came up with,

<description>
At the moment, the Stratos admin interfaces are tightly coupled to Carbon
admin services. Hence All the backend interfaces are exposed as
web-services.  This in turn has encouraged developers to develop stratos
controller front-ends as Carbon UI components.

IMHO it is possible to develop Stratos backend interfaces as RESTful
services. The initial proposal is to develop them as a seperate JAX-WS
webapp. But the topic is open for discusssion.

This would allow Stratos developers to,

create front-ends (simple web-apps) that make use of restful APIs.
Commandline tooling can make use of REST APIs as well.
</description>

thanks,
--Pradeep

--