stratos-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Carbon kernel version of Apache Stratos
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 06:11:39 GMT
lets create a separate branch (more of a scratch area) for kernel upgrade
task. We can merge the changes to trunk, once we are through the
roadblocks.. (if any)

would that be a viable option, ?

--Pradeep



On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com>wrote:

> yes, lets upgrade the Carbon kernel verison and see. IMHO, since the 3.0.0
> release is all set to go, we can take some time and introduce new kernel
> version to 3.1.0.
>
> --Pradeep
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for new carbon kernal in the next release. New clustering scheme will
>>> bring more stability  as well as other bug fixes to Stratos.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Nirmal Fernando <
>>> nirmal070125@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>
>>>>> Carbon kernel versioned, 4.2.0 got released recently.
>>>>>
>>>>> Among other features[1], the recent carbon release includes major
>>>>> improvements to its clustering implementation. It now uses hazlecast
based
>>>>> clustering implementation underneath and claims it to be more stable.
>>>>>
>>>>> The obvious advantage for Stratos includes,more stable clustering
>>>>> support in Stratos ELB.
>>>>>
>>>>> Shall we upgrade the Carbon kernel version in Stratos trunk ? (for
>>>>> next Stratos release)
>>>>>
>>>>> WDYT ?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> IMO, this will need thorough testing. And I doubt whether Carbon kernel
>>>> 4.2.0 itself would enough to run Stratos (without any patches). I think
>>>> making this to *next* Stratos release will halt other new features
>>>> getting out sooner, hence IMO we better start to test it, but get this into
>>>> Apache Stratos 3.2.0 (may be).
>>>>
>>>
>>> IMO we can bring new features and Carbon upgrade in one release. We have
>>> to test it thoroughly, but doing separate releases for those two is an
>>> overhead and it will delay our future plans.
>>>
>>
>> What I suggested was to start testing with new Carbon Kernel, but if it
>> introduces lot of instability, we might need more time. We have other
>> important features too and if those are ready, there's no point of holding
>> them IMO.
>>
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>>
>>>>> [1]
>>>>> http://dist.wso2.org/products/carbon/4.2.0/release-notes-carbon.html
>>>>>
>>>>> thanks,
>>>>> --Pradeep
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Best Regards,
>>>> Nirmal
>>>>
>>>> C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
>>>> Senior Software Engineer,
>>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>>>
>>>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Lahiru Sandaruwan
>>> Software Engineer,
>>> Platform Technologies,
>>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
>>> blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
>>> twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus
>>> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
>> Senior Software Engineer,
>> WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Pradeep Fernando.
> http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/
>



-- 
Pradeep Fernando.
http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/

Mime
View raw message