stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Carbon kernel version of Apache Stratos
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 05:36:38 GMT
+1 for new carbon kernal in the next release. New clustering scheme will
bring more stability  as well as other bug fixes to Stratos.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> Carbon kernel versioned, 4.2.0 got released recently.
>>
>> Among other features[1], the recent carbon release includes major
>> improvements to its clustering implementation. It now uses hazlecast based
>> clustering implementation underneath and claims it to be more stable.
>>
>> The obvious advantage for Stratos includes,more stable clustering
>> support in Stratos ELB.
>>
>> Shall we upgrade the Carbon kernel version in Stratos trunk ? (for next
>> Stratos release)
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>

> IMO, this will need thorough testing. And I doubt whether Carbon kernel
> 4.2.0 itself would enough to run Stratos (without any patches). I think
> making this to *next* Stratos release will halt other new features
> getting out sooner, hence IMO we better start to test it, but get this into
> Apache Stratos 3.2.0 (may be).

IMO we can bring new features and Carbon upgrade in one release. We have to
test it thoroughly, but doing separate releases for those two is an
overhead and it will delay our future plans.

Thanks.

>> [1] http://dist.wso2.org/products/carbon/4.2.0/release-notes-carbon.html
>>
>> thanks,
>> --Pradeep