stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <d...@ischool.berkeley.edu>
Subject Apache Mesos/Aurora + Apache Stratos
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:36:34 GMT
Hi All,

I originally posted the Aurora incubation proposal (which we'll put up for
a vote soon once our code goes online), and I noticed that it was briefly
discussed on this list a few weeks ago. I'm also an Apache Mesos committer,
and just now learning about Stratos.

There's a lot of interest in the Mesos community for running a PaaS on top
of Mesos, so I'd like to understand Stratos more and whether it makes sense
for a collaboration between the projects. It's currently unclear what's
most-interesting to each project, but my initial read is that for Stratos,
the Aurora scheduler may seem like something you could use. For Mesos, the
container abstraction you've developed as part of Stratos could potentially
run as a Mesos executer (there's currently something similar under
development to run Docker containers).

Could a few core committers from each project sync in the next week to
flush out these ideas, and report back to the list?

Dave