stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Cleaning up product profiles {was: build failure...}
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 16:00:31 GMT
Hi devs,

I did some feature level profile cleanup for cloud-controller and elb [1].
Removing entire features are feasible only up to a certain level. For an
example,

- ELB does not need service-mgt feature. However, relay.module has
mistakenly imported CachingException class which get bundled with
service-mgt feature.
- Bundle level dependencies.

So the next iteration would be to, group all bundle under product feature.
That way we get rid of all the carbon-features.

After that we have to evaluate each individual bundle usage and
include/exclude. Ideally we should start with  kernel + stratos bundles

and add missing dependencies case by case basis. That way we can find the
minimal run-time for the product.

So shall we include all bundles in remaining features to stratos feature.

if the features are related to lb, we can include the necessary third-party
bundles/components to lb.common feature..

WDYT ?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-21,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-2<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-21>
6