stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PPMC = or != Committter
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:22:08 GMT
After many years of thinking that (P)PMC != {commiitters} , one of many
mails from Roy on this topic convinced me some years ago that that's the
right thing to do and as the way ASF was meant to be. So I'm very much for
making every committer a PMC member.

I understand your point Ant that in early stages of a project's life
committership is easier to get. However I'm not for giving committership on
"potential" to contribute .. that's only during start of incubation. After
that everyone has to do *something* real to earn it. I'd rather teach them
the Apache Way rather than make them second class by not making them PMC
members.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.