stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: how the domain distribution is arranged
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 03:34:41 GMT
Hi David,

Its like this. When you setup/deploy Stratos you can set a domain name (if
this is private cloud they can choose their cloud domain name). Say
stratos.com. Then you can register cartridges to Stratos. When you register
you can give sub-domain for these cartridges. for a example you can
register ESB, AS ..etc then you can set sub-domain like bellow.

   - ESB - esb.stratos.com
   - AS - as.stratos.com

Now these cartridges are available for subscribe. Then subscriber can give
alias name for their subscription.

   - If user subscribe to AS using alias name myappserver then his
   cartridge can access by myappserver.as.stratos.com
   - If user subscribe to ESB using alias name myesb then his cartridge can
   access by myesb.esb.stratos.com

Likewise user can subscribe many times and urls are make by prefixing alias
to the define domains.

thanks