stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jclouds dependancies
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 05:49:41 GMT
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> AFAIK those changes already fixed in newest version of jcloud. Anyway we
>> need to go to jcloud apache version after our build stable.
>>
> +1. We shouldn't maintain any source, which doesn't belong to apache
> stratos. If we have an OSGi requirement,(if we need bundles) we better ask
> it from the jclouds community as well...

jclouds stuff are already OSGi bundles, we did few code modifications to
tackle some issues, hence we created our own dependency. As we were in a
hurry, we couldn't contribute to the jclouds, but now the time has come to
contribute the fixes back to jclouds.

All the fixes we did, are not there in the latest jclouds (eg: vCloud
Director 1.5 support etc.).

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal