stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Stratos Logo
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:47:54 GMT
On 27 June 2013 06:08, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:

> I'd really encourage the community to not only break from the color /
>> visible identity, but to choose a new name and let WSO2 keep the name
>> they've already built up value for and let the community pick a new name
>> without the history of WSO2's brand.
>>

> Sorry Joe we donated the name too and it was accepted. The name will be
> Stratos at least through graduation - we have no need to reconsider it.
> Given the community is WSO2 dominated (reality) right now that's not going
> to change. Your objection was stated during the discussion in the incubator
> too and it was not a concern for others as there were no votes against the
> proposal.

This language concerns me. The way you've worded your email implies that
because the committer list is WSO2 dominated, then WSO2 has some sort of
say here, and we may as well not even talk about it.

Of course, this is not the case at all. We could change the branding today,
if we felt like it. All it would take is for someone to start the
discussion on dev, and gather some consensus around the idea.

--
NS