stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Marsh <jonat...@wso2.com>
Subject RE: Apache Stratos Logo
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 00:25:46 GMT
Joe,

I agree being explicit about what the logo should convey would help to
evaluate the designs, as well as to spur new ones.  Currently the logo
designs seem to be clearly expressing only two ideas - "cloud" and
"Apache".  Additional concepts that might be considered could include:

- scalability/elasticity
- sharing (multi-tenancy, developer community)
- openness in technology and community
- a key layer in a complete cloud platform
	- foundation/framework which can plug into many different
infrastructures
	- foundation/framework into which may different runtimes can be
plugged in

I don't think we could do ALL of these at once, but if you combine them in
different pairs you might expand the base of imagery.

-Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:09 AM
To: dev@stratos.apache.org
Cc: dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Stratos Logo

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013, at 04:22 AM, Amal Rangana wrote:
> Sending the logo designs with this.

I would suggest brainstorming a bit about the logo before throwing out
finished designs, and ask what exactly you'd like to convey with the logo
rather than being constrained by the first set of logos that are first to
the project.

Also - All of these designs incorporate the Apache feather w/some manner
of text treatment. Might be nice to see something that gives Stratos its
own look w/out the feather. (Use of the feather is not a requirement for
the project logo.)

Best,

jzb
--