storm-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Li <ethanopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to locate classes which are coming from shaded jar
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2019 20:11:15 GMT
Intellij is not intelligent enough to find the shaded jars. Here is a work around:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-126596#focus=streamItem-27-757181.0-0 <https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-126596#focus=streamItem-27-757181.0-0>

Keep in mind that with this work around, those jars being used are from mvn local repo (i.e.
~/.m2).

> On Aug 29, 2019, at 2:51 PM, Stig Rohde Døssing <srdo@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Prashant,
>
> You don't need to send emails to me personally, I check the Storm mailing lists regularly.
Several of the addresses you used don't belong to me either.

> Did you click the update icon in the Maven project window (the two circling arrows in
the right part of your screenshot)?

> If that doesn't help, maybe other people using IntelliJ can share how they are getting
IntelliJ to find shaded classes?

> Den tor. 29. aug. 2019 kl. 01.24 skrev Prashant Bhardwaj <amu.prashant@gmail.com <mailto:amu.prashant@gmail.com>>:
> Hi Stig Rohde,
>
> I activated IntelliJ maven profile. Still, it didn't help. Am I missing anything?
>

> Thanks & regards
>
> Prashant Bhardwaj
>
> +44 74247 18513 (UK),
> +91 92894 36265 (India)
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 10:09 PM Prashant Bhardwaj <amu.prashant@gmail.com <mailto:amu.prashant@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of my first contribution to Apache Storm. I was writing an example
for a combination of Storm, Cassandra and Storm + how to test this combo using Storm's Testing
classes.

> I found some of the classes are using shaded classes, for example - ConfigUtils class
is using org.apache.storm.shade.com.google.common.collect.Maps.

> In my InteliiJ setup, ConfigUtils is unable to find this import.
>
> I have run mvn clean install which was executed successfully and saw apache-storm-shaded
jar was created. Even I looked inside that jar and all the referred classes are part of this
jar.

> Could you please suggest how to fix this issue because I am unable to run my tests, these
are failing on these compilations errors in other classes?