stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Azrael" <>
Subject Can I use stdcxx4.2.1 containers on share memory?
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 05:49:19 GMT
Hi , I am now searching for a stl implementation who's containers can work perfectly with alternative
pointers define in the allocator given.
 Because I want to make my program able to attatch to a block of share memory and continue
it's previous work. The GCC default implementation use standard pointer in the container base,
such as rb_tree_node_base etc.
 And I found that stdcxx4.2.1 use the alloc::pointer instead. So ,I wonder if I can safely
use stdcxx4.2.1 on share memory by simply define my own  shm_allocator and shm_handle(pointer
type recording the offset in share memory).
 Actually, I am implementing a game server, so ,I require really good performace.
 So, is stdcxx4.2.1 suitable for me?
 Really need help.....wait for response.