stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use stdcxx4.2.1 containers on share memory?
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 17:23:24 GMT
On 12/31/2011 10:49 PM, Azrael wrote:
> Hi , I am now searching for a stl implementation who's containers can work perfectly
with alternative pointers define in the allocator given.
>   Because I want to make my program able to attatch to a block of share memory and continue
it's previous work. The GCC default implementation use standard pointer in the container base,
such as rb_tree_node_base etc.
>   And I found that stdcxx4.2.1 use the alloc::pointer instead. So ,I wonder if I can
safely use stdcxx4.2.1 on share memory by simply define my own  shm_allocator and shm_handle(pointer
type recording the offset in share memory).
>   Actually, I am implementing a game server, so ,I require really good performace.
>   So, is stdcxx4.2.1 suitable for me?
>
>   Really need help.....wait for response.

IIRC, we successfully tested all contains with shared memory
allocators except for std::list. The problem with list was
getting its pointers to work correctly as user-defined types.
I was hoping to find a test we used to exercise them in the
test suite but so far I don't see it.

Martin