stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Bailey, Kendall" <Bail...@schneider.com>
Subject RE: Compile error in edition11 of ansilocale.cpp in RW tools
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:29:22 GMT
Ah, perhaps it's my mistake.  CC -V reports a version of "5.10", not "5.1".  I must have left
off the zero.  I haven't used Sun C++ for ages, so I didn't realize my mistake until you pointed
it out.

Actually, you state

    if (__errtmp !=  _RW::__rw_goodbit &&  0 == __sizes [0]

is an alternative, and equivalent since _rw_goodbit is zero.  However, I think your != should
be ==.  The original expression was testing !__errtmp, which should hold true when __errtmp
== 0.

I've decided I do like the change ( x == 0 ) in place of !bool(x) in the 6 instances I've
had to patch stdcxx.

Kendall Bailey