stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building stdcxx-4.2.2 Using MinGW+MSYS On Windows XP (SP2)
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:29:15 GMT
Steve Petrie, P.Eng. wrote:
[...]
> I use the following MSYS console shell command, to compile the
> test_stdcxx_1.cpp program:
>
>  g++.exe -I./include -nostdinc++ -nostdinc -nostdlib -c -o test_stdcxx_1.o
> test_stdcxx_1.cpp

You also need -I./include/ansi. Its also a good idea to avoid
using the g++ command and use gcc instead just to make it 100%
clear that the native C++ Standard Library should not be linked
(unless you know better , I don't think you want -nostdlib as
it normally prevents linking with files you want to link with).

> (Note the dot "." between "-I" and "/include". I have an stdcxx "include"
> directory, with all its sub-directories, as a sub-directory of the
> directory
> where the test_stdcxx_1.cpp source program is located, because I haven't
> yet
> been able to figure out how to get g++.exe to respect a "-I" parameter
> pointing to a more complex path description. The "include" directory, with
> all its sub-directories, is a copy of what is shipped with stdcxx-4.2.2.)
>
> g++.exe displays the following compile errors on the MSYS console:
>
>   In file included from ./include/rw/_traits.h:40,
>                    from ./include/rw/_strref.h:48,
>                    from ./include/string:43,
>                    from ./include/loc/_locale.h:36,
>                    from ./include/rw/_iosbase.h:36,
>                    from ./include/streambuf:39,
>                    from ./include/ostream:39,
>                    from ./include/istream:38,
>                    from ./include/iostream:33,
>                    from test_stdcxx_1.cpp:4:
>   ./include/rw/_mbstate.h:195:27: cwchar: No such file or directory

That's because you're missing -Iinlude/ansi -- that's where
our cwchar lives. All the errors after this one should clear
up after you add it.

Martin