stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building stdcxx-4.2.1 Using MinGW+MSYS On Windows XP (SP2)
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:05:33 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
[...]
>> Fix #2 -- Your /stdcxx-4.2.2/build file:
>>
>> I renamed the /stdcxx-4.2.2/build file that came with the svn download, to
>> /stdcxx-4.2.1/build_faridz, because the presence of the build FILE was
>> preventing the GNUmakefile from creating the /stdcxx-4.2.2/build/ DIRECTORY.
>
>   Hmm, you must be wrong, we don't have any file with the name "build" in svn.

Right. I think a "build" directory gets created automatically
when one isn't specified on the command line (via BUILDDIR).
Something weird seems to be going on in Steve's environment
(the behavior of ln -s is definitely bizarre)...

> [...]
>
>> There is an /stdcxx-4.2.2/build/liblibstd.a file of size 2.33 MB.
>
>   My congratulations, you have just build the stdcxx library :)

Although it probably shouldn't be called liblibstd, should it?
What's with the duplicate "lib" part?

Martin