stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Petrie, P.Eng." <apet...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Building stdcxx-4.2.1 Using MinGW+MSYS On Windows XP (SP2)
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:06:38 GMT
[MS]
> Right. I think a "build" directory gets created automatically
> when one isn't specified on the command line (via BUILDDIR).
> Something weird seems to be going on in Steve's environment
> (the behavior of ln -s is definitely bizarre)...

[SP]
Yes there is something wierd. Please see my response to Farid's message,
regarding a test shell script I created, to replicate the MinGW+MSYS ln
problem.

But I've got a workaround for the problem. And Farid says my stdcxx build is
now working. So no big deal.

I'm "only" using MinGW+MSYS for compiling and building C++ programs through
the NetBeans IDE (with C++ plugin). That all seems to work fine. It's the
comparably far more complex process of building the stdcxx library, that is
stressing my MinGW+MSYS. But I want to use stdcxx because it seems to me
likely to be superior to the standard library shipped with g++, so I don't
mind at all working through the glitches to get stdcxx built and working.

* * *
* * *

[MS]>>> There is an /stdcxx-4.2.2/build/liblibstd.a file of size 2.33 MB.

>>   My congratulations, you have just build the stdcxx library :)
>
> Although it probably shouldn't be called liblibstd, should it?
> What's with the duplicate "lib" part?

[SP]
It's lack of sleep -- the correct pathname is
/stdcxx-4.2.2/build/lib/libstd.a

Steve