stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: EASTL
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 19:56:11 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> Since Apache STDCXX is touted as one of, if not the, best standard C++
> library in terms of performance, I thought the following document would
> be especially interesting read for performance-minded STDCXX maintainers
> and users.
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2271.html

I barely just skimmed it but it does look interesting. We started
a benchmarking project some time ago but, unfortunately, it never
got finished. It would be *really* helpful to resurrect and complete
it. My very informal results I run every now and then with gcc on
Linux and Solaris indicate that in the area of iostreams stdcxx is
up to 25% faster than GNU libstdc++ and on par with stdio. I would
very much like to see a comprehensive comparison of other heavily
used components, including string and the other containers. Any
volunteers? ;-)

Martin