stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: AIX and Rogue wave
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 14:58:18 GMT
Radha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for STL hash map for one of our product.
>
> I am using AIX 5.3 and xlC version 6.0.
>
> Looks like hash_map is STL extension.
>
> Can you tell me how to make use of it in stdcxx? I downloaded 4.1.3 and I
> don't find hash_map in it.

As you noted, the hash-table based unordered associative containers
are extensions to the C++ Standard Library. They are not part of the
C++ Standard yet but several of them will be when the next standard
comes out (sometime at the end of the decade). We plan to provide
the containers well before then, hopefully very soon, but as of now
they are not available.

To help us prioritize this task I suggest you open an enhancement
request in our bug tracking database to get the hash-table based
containers implemented soon:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX

Martin