stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Boost + Stdcxx (results)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:40:05 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   The results of the regression tests are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~faridz/status/cs-win32-full.html

Great, thanks for posting these! Do you happen to have the same
set of results with the native C++ Standard Library that we could
use as a baseline for comparison?

Skimming quickly through the results I see a lot of compilation
errors due to the same incorrect assumptions about which headers
symbols are referenced in as in the rest of Boost. We should
open bugs for those as well (any preference for how to handle
those?)

I also noticed quite a number of exceptions due to no RTTI data.
I wonder if we might need a compiler option to enable RTTI when
building the tests or perhaps even the library.

Then there are a whole bunch of linker errors LNK1104. Any idea
what those are about? Did those libraries fail to build? Is it
because the tests were built with /Zc:wchar_t and our library
wasn't?

Also, we might want to #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE on the
command line to reduce the noise from all those darn useless
deprecation warnings.

Martin