stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: How to add hash_map and hash_set to stdcxx ?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:59:33 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Nadine Faizant wrote:
>>
>>    Thank you I have heard of the new STL vesion, but I could not wait
>> until 2009 !!!
>
> We should have this well before then :)
>
> As Mark said, the new containers aren't part of the C++ standard yet.
> They are in the *draft* standard which is a working document that the
> next C++ standard will be based on when it becomes ratified sometime
> at the end of the decade. We have plans to implement all the new C++
> features by the time the next standard comes out and the unordered
> containers will likely be among the first. If you're interested in
> helping out let us know.

I should also add that one of the ways you can help is by
casting your vote (and perhaps also adding your comments)
on the issues that keep track of these enhancements. That
will help us prioritize which features we should focus on
first.

The issue that tracks the unordered containers you asked
about is STDCXX-32:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-32

It's a subtask of the umbrella issue STDCXX-27 that tracks
all of the TR1 extensions:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-27

You can also add yourself as a Watcher of the issue(s) to
get email notifications about updates made to it by others.

Of course, if you'd like to do more than that, including
work on patches, or volunteer to test them, that would be
even better :)

Martin

> Martin
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Brown" <mbrown@inbox.com>