stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: How to add hash_map and hash_set to stdcxx ?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:32:25 GMT
Nadine Faizant wrote:

>    Thank you I have heard of the new STL vesion, but I could not wait
> until 2009 !!!

We should have this well before then :)

As Mark said, the new containers aren't part of the C++ standard yet.
They are in the *draft* standard which is a working document that the
next C++ standard will be based on when it becomes ratified sometime
at the end of the decade. We have plans to implement all the new C++
features by the time the next standard comes out and the unordered
containers will likely be among the first. If you're interested in
helping out let us know.

Martin