stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Mark Brown <mbr...@inbox.com>
Subject RE: How to add hash_map and hash_set to stdcxx ?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:46:19 GMT

Hi Nadine,

There is no hash_multimap in stdcxx or in the current C++ standard. The SGI STL has a container
with that name as well as hash_set but I'm not sure if the library is available or where (see
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_multimap.html and http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_set.html).

The next C++ standard will add four hash-table based containers called unordered_map, unordered_set,
unordered_multimap, and unordered_multiset that might be similar to what you're looking for
(see http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2006/n2134.pdf). I haven't read the
specification carefully enough to say how closely they match to the SGI templates. These new
containers are not yet implemented in stdcxx.

-- Mark