stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Nadine Faizant" <nadine.faiz...@nautitia.fr>
Subject Re: How to add hash_map and hash_set to stdcxx ?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:55:27 GMT

    Thank you I have heard of the new STL vesion, but I could not wait until
2009 !!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Brown" <mbrown@inbox.com>
To: <stdcxx-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:46 PM
Subject: RE: How to add hash_map and hash_set to stdcxx ?

Hi Nadine,

There is no hash_multimap in stdcxx or in the current C++ standard. The SGI
STL has a container with that name as well as hash_set but I'm not sure if
the library is available or where (see
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_multimap.html and
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_set.html).

The next C++ standard will add four hash-table based containers called
unordered_map, unordered_set, unordered_multimap, and unordered_multiset
that might be similar to what you're looking for (see
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2006/n2134.pdf). I
haven't read the specification carefully enough to say how closely they
match to the SGI templates. These new containers are not yet implemented in
stdcxx.

-- Mark