stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: error LNK2005 : VC8
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:16:44 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Nadine Faizant wrote:
>>
>>    No is is a debug dynamic link (that the reason why I need a .lib
>> file...)
>
> So Graph.lib is an archive library that uses/links with stdcxx,
> correct? Does Graph.lib link against the stdcxx DLL or archive?
> (The latter could be a likely cause of the problem.)

Okay, Graph is a DLL that uses the same stdcxx DLL as the DLL that
gives the errors (SyntacticAnalysis.dll).

Since the error is issued for a couple of third party libraries
(i.e., not stdcxx) I suspect it's a usage problem as opposed to
one with stdcxx itself. Does either of the object files mentioned
in the error message by any chance explicitly instantiate deque?

I think you'll need to some some digging into the object files
(using dumpbin) to figure how the conflicting symbols are
defined (they're all inline functions so it's puzzling that they
should cause conflicts; we don't normally do 15d builds during
our testing so you might want to try a 12d build instead -- that
should optimize away inline functions). I would look for other
inline member functions of class templates to see whether there
is any difference. I'm in the process of moving my office so I
won't be able to look into this in more detail until I'm done.

Martin