stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: error LNK2005 : VC8
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:15:44 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings Nadine.
>
> I don't see the buildLog.html attachment, but it may have been stripped
> by ezmlm.  Is this a static build?  If it is, the cause may be that the
> standard library is being linked both in the Graph.lib library and and
> the project, resulting in the duplicate symbol message.  If this is the
> cause, we're looking into solutions on the development branch.

Just to clarify: we're actually looking into linking our archive
library with the MSVC runtime dll so that downstream code that
depends on third party DLLs linked against the runtime DLL doesn't
end up with two copies of the same runtime (not stdcxx) symbols.
The error below looks like problem with one of our symbols.

Martin