stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: error LNK2005 : VC8
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:50:59 GMT
Greetings Nadine.

I don't see the buildLog.html attachment, but it may have been stripped
by ezmlm.  Is this a static build?  If it is, the cause may be that the
standard library is being linked both in the Graph.lib library and and
the project, resulting in the duplicate symbol message.  If this is the
cause, we're looking into solutions on the development branch.

--Andrew Black

Nadine Faizant wrote:
>     Hello,
>
>     I encoutered many errors around deque object while linking with stdcxx with only
one project. I don't understand what's wrong.

> For example :
>
> Graph.lib(Graph.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class __rw::__rw_debug_iter >,class
std::__rw_deque_iter >,class std::__rw_deque_iter > > __thiscall std::deque >::end(void)"
(?end@?$deque@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@QAE?AV?$__rw_debug_iter@V?$deque@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@V?$__rw_deque_iter@IHPAIAAIV?$allocator@I@std@@@2@V32@@__rw@@XZ)
déjà défini(e) dans homoSyntagmaticConstraints.obj

> I used Graph.lib with other dll without any problem. So I think the problem came with
the homoSyntagmaticConstraints.cpp file... but I don't what to search !