stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: stdcxx compilation failed with VC8 option Non (/Zc:wchar_t-)
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:42:22 GMT
Nadine Faizant wrote:
> I received twice this mail :-)... Now it's work...
> End of joke...
>
> I'm trying to change the description of my problem to understand what
> you say... i'm very bad with this kind of problem...
>
> could I use or does this should work ?
>
> stdcxx with option yes for wchar_t as integrated type, no more macro
> +
> xalan with option no (/Zc:wchar_t-) ???

All C++ code in the same program (i.e., all C++ libraries as well
as the executable program itself) must be compiled with compatible
command line options. When using stdcxx you cannot mix and match
object files or libraries compiled with different settings of the
/Zc:wchar_t option.

> That's what I do, and don't work...
>
> I understand i must not use _RWSTD_NO_NATIVE_WCHAR_T... Right ?

It's not that you shouldn't use the macro. You need to make sure
the macro is always defined (or undefined) to correspond to the
setting of the /Zc:wchar_t option, and that its definition is
the same in each translation unit in a program. If you configure
and compile the library with wchar_t enabled (i.e., when it's
a distinct C++ type) you need to also compile all other C++
libraries as well as your program with wchar_t enabled.

Since it's possible for other configuration macros (i.e., those
whose name starts with the _RWSTD_NO_ prefix) to depend on the
the definition of _RWSTD_NO_NATIVE_WCHAR_T the only way to be
sure you are using a properly configured library is to rerun
all the configuration tests after changing a compiler option.

> Thanks again,
>
>        Nadine
>
> PS : I prefer RW product, I do not have so much compilation problem :-((

The source code in the Rogue Wave C++ Standard Library is the
same as Apache stdcxx. The only thing that's different is the
configuration infrastructure and that's going to change in the
next release of SourcePro to use the stdcxx configuration
mechanism. It's much more robust, light weight, portable, and
infinitely easier to work with and maintain. In addition, the
configuration results are more reliable with it than with the
SourcePro configuration system.

Martin