stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: hash_map
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:10:26 GMT
Nadine Faizant wrote:
>     Why is there no container called hash_map in stdcxx stl ? I'm trying to migrate code
from gcc STL to tdcxx STL and I'm blocked because I don't know how to "replace" hash_map.

Because hash_map is an extension of the gcc implementation and not
part of the C++ standard (yet). Since hash_map has been accepted
into the C++ working paper and is expected to make it into the next
C++ standard sometime in or shortly after 2009 we plan to implement
it in that timeframe or sooner. If you'd like to see it done sooner
feel free to open an enhancement request in Jira:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX

Martin