stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Problem building Tuscany SDO with stdcxx on Linux
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:06:34 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Hi Geoffrey,
>
> I looked at your post and the only thing which looks suspicious [to me] is:
>
> -I/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3/include/ansi
> -I/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3/Debug/include
> -I/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3/include
>
> AFAIK, you should have the following sequence of include paths:
>
> -I<root-dir>/include/ansi
> -I<root-dir>/include

They are there. The Debug/ directory is BUILDDIR.

[...]
>> gcc -nostdinc++ -v -g -O2 -g -O2 -o .libs/tuscany_sdo_test sdotest.o
>> sdotest2.o utils.o main.o
>> -L/home/tuscany/workspace/SDO_stdcxx/sdo/runtime/core/src/commonj/sdo
>> /home/tuscany/workspace/SDO_stdcxx/sdo/runtime/core/src/commonj/sdo/.libs/libtuscany_sdo.so

This is not a problem but it's unnecessary to be using both -L
and specifying the library by its full pathname (use -L with
-ltuscany_sdo).

>> -L/usrlib -L/home/tuscany/workspace/stdcxx/stdcxx-4.1.3/Debug/lib
>> /usr/lib/libxml2.so -lpthread -lz -lm -lstd15d -lsupc++ -Wl,--rpath

The dependency of a library should be listed after the one that
depends on it (i.e., -lpthread should be after -lstd15d). The
rest looks okay.

[...]
>> The output from ldd for the test program looks OK to me, as follows

It looks good to me too.

[...]
>> and finally, just in case it helps, here is the compilation of
>> sdotest.cpp,
>> the main part of the test program.

I don't see anything wrong here either.

I think we'll need a test case to figure out what's going on.
(Does the SDO library execute any code at startup?) It would
help to reduce it as much as possible by eliminating as many
dependencies as you can.

Martin