stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <>
Subject Re: Problem building Tuscany SDO with stdcxx on Linux
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:35:27 GMT
Greetings Geoffery.

You can find the makefile rules used to compile and link in the
makefile.rules file, located in the etc/config subdirectory.

The relevant pattern rules are
%.o: %.cpp
%: %.o
	$(LD) $< -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $(LDLIBS) $(TEEOPTS)

The variables in question (other than $TEEOPTS) are defined in the file, located in the root of your buildspace.  On my local
box, both $CXX and $LD are set to 'gcc' (no quotes).

--Andrew Black

Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> We use automake to drive the build of SDO, and the compile and link happen
> as separate events. Before I started the transition to stdcxx we used
> g++ as
> both the compiler and linker. I now use gcc as the compiler but I'm not
> sure
> what to use as the linker. Are there any examples in the stdcxx
> test/examples where the code is compiled and linked as separate commands?
> Then (being lazy) I could plagiarise that example.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Geoff.
> On 04/10/06, Geoffrey Winn <> wrote:
>> The part Pete missed out is that Martin was right to suspect config.h. We
>> do have a file called config.h and it is located in ../../../../..
>> As Pete says, we don't in fact need that file, so I've done as he
>> suggested and the build makes a lot more progress. However,
>> a) It now fails in the link step, although since the link command is g++
>> that's not a complete surprise and
>> b) Omitting he AM_CONFIG_HEADER line causes an error (from autoconf I
>> think). It may not matter since the whole of SDO then seems to compile OK
>> but I'm reserving judgement for a while.
>> My next step is to alter the link command.
>> Regards,
>> Geoff.

View raw message