stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey Winn" <geoff.w...@googlemail.com>
Subject Does a list iterator remain valid after removing an element in the list?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:21:26 GMT
I'm investigating an abort that I get from a Tuscant SDO test prgram when
built using stdcxx. I still have some investigation to do however based on
the code I've read I'd like to clarify the following.

If I have a std::<list> and I've created an iterator to examine each item in
the list in turn, if I then use erase to delete one of those items eg

iter = the_list.erase(iter);

does the iterator remain valid?

I'm asking this because the abort occurs in an assert statement within the
implementation of the ++ operator for the iterator.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.