stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey Winn" <geoff.w...@googlemail.com>
Subject What is the meaning of the various Visual Studio configurations
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:52:23 GMT
As covered in a previous note, I'm building stdcxx in order to use it as the
standard C++ library in Tuscany SDO. Looking at the Configuration Manager
pane I cane see 8 different configuration options ie

11d Debug Dll
11s Debug Static
12d Optimized Thread-safe Dll
12s Optimized Thread-safe Static
15d Debug Thread-safe Dll
15s Debug Thread-safe Static
8d Optimized Dll
8s Optimized Static

When we build SDO with the Microsoft library we use either "Multi-threaded
DLL" (/MD) or "Multi-threaded Debug DLL" (/MDd). Which of the stdcxx
configurations correspond to those two. My guess would be to use

"12d Optimized Thread-safe Dll" to replace "Multi-threaded DLL" and
"15d Debug Thread-safe Dll" to replace "Multi-threaded Debug DLL"

Regards,

Geoff.