stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Problem running stdcxx tests on Linux
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:13:03 GMT
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> I've built optimised and debug versions of stdcxx on Linux and I've
> built the tests as described in Section 7 of the README. However, I'm
> having trouble working out whether they worked or not. There were no
> obvious errors before I did the gmake run to execute the tests. The run
> produces the results below. (I've attached a file with the results in as
> well in case that preserves the formatting a little better.)
>
> My main question is what happened? It looks like all the tests failed,
> but there are no error messages. Is there a log file somewhere that I
> could look at?

The problem is that the test driver is incompatible with the test
harness in that release (the harness passes in the wrong options),
and the tests fail with the status of 1 because of it. You can run
each test by hand instead, or you can apply the following patch., it
should fix it: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=419995

Btw., I think I might have already mentioned in a previous post,
the stdcxx test suite was (and still is) being migrated from the
Rogue Wave test driver and harness and not all tests are fully
stable on all platforms (although gcc/Linux should be pretty clean).
Failures may indicate known problems in the library (for which we
have issues in Jira), problems in the tests themselves, or even
in the compiler or the OS. If you're concerned about any test or
failure in particular let us know, we'll be happy to explain it.

Martin