stdcxx-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Problem running stdcxx tests on Linux
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:11:14 GMT
Greetings Geoffrey.

Test output is stored in a file named like '<testname>.out', residing in 
the tests subdirectory of your build directory, along side the test. 
For example, the output for the '18.limits.traps' test would be saved as 
'18.limits.traps.out'.

The 'STATUS' column in the output indicates the exit code that the test 
terminated with.  In this case, the tests exited with a status code of 1.

I believe the cause of the behavior you are experiencing is a bug in the 
makefile infrastructure (STDCXX-254).  This bug has been fixed in 
subversion.  You should be able to pull the patch from JIRA ( 
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-254 ) and apply it to your 
source directory.

--Andrew Black

Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> I've built optimised and debug versions of stdcxx on Linux and I've built
> the tests as described in Section 7 of the README. However, I'm having
> trouble working out whether they worked or not. There were no obvious 
> errors
> before I did the gmake run to execute the tests. The run produces the
> results below. (I've attached a file with the results in as well in case
> that preserves the formatting a little better.)
> 
> My main question is what happened? It looks like all the tests failed, but
> there are no error messages. Is there a log file somewhere that I could 
> look
> at?
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> 
> Geoff.
> 
> --- NAME               STATUS ASSRTS   HIGH  DELTA FAILED    LOW RGRESS
> PERCNT
> 
>  1 0.printf           FORMAT      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  2 18.limits.traps         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  3 19.cerrno               1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  4 2.smartptrared          1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  5 2.smartptr.weak         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  6 21.string.assign        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  7 21.string.insert        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  8 22.locale.money.ge      1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
>  9 22.locale.money.pu      1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 10 22.locale.num.get       1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 11 22.locale.num.put       1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 12 25.adjacent.find        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 13 25.copy                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 14 25.equal                1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 15 25.fill                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 16 25.find.end             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 17 25.find.first           1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 18 25.find                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 19 25.for.each             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 20 25.generate             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 21 25.mismatch             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 22 26.c.math               1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 
> 
> ---                         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 0%
> 
> 
> 
>                        FAIL   COMP   LINK ASSERT   CORE   KILL RGRESS
> 
>                           21      0      0      0      0      0      0
> 

Mime
View raw message