stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: What is the meaning of the various Visual Studio configurations
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:54:18 GMT
Greetings Geoffrey

Your analysis of the available configuration specifications within the
STDCXX solutions is correct.  The leading numbers in the configurations
are relics of the configuration codes used within RogueWave.  12d builds
are compiled using the /MD switch, and 15d builds are compiled using the
/MDd switch.

It is worth noting that several other compiler switches are used with
non-default values.  I do not remember what these switches and values
are off the top of my head, but you can look at the configuration
options for the library and examples or tests to determine what they
are.  I do not have sufficient experience with the MSVC compiler to know
which switches need to be set for libraries/executables using a library
compiled with them, and which do not.  In the worst case, it may be
necessary to alter which switches Tuscany is compiled with.

--Andrew Black