stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: Problem building stdcxx on Windows XP
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:17:58 GMT
Hi Geoffrey.

  This command line should be used with current version.

> so then I tried
>
> .\generate.bat /BUILDDIR:Temp /CONFIG:VC71
  This command line should be used with version 4.1.3.

> C:\Users\gwinn\Tuscany\stdcxx\stdcxx-4.1.3\etc\config\windows\
> generate.wsf(17,
> 6) WshShell.Exec: The system cannot find the file specified.

    The error line: var exec = WshShell.Exec("uuidgen"); The script
cannot execute uuidgen utility.

> I'm guessing that the second one is the correct command - but
> I'm missing some pre-req.
  You're right. You need to set environment variables (you can see them
in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat), but it will be simpler to run
generate.bat from Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt (Start ->
Programs -> Visual Studio .NET 2003 -> Visual Studio .NET Tools ->
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt).

Farid.