stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Re: MS VS Express problems...]
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:06:28 GMT

  I haven't problems with building the libraries using MSVC Express.
The examples and tests failed to link. The reason is that by default
MSVCExpress links with kernel32.lib only. What is needed to do is
change the line in file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\VCProjectDefaults\corewin_express.vsprops
		AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib"/>
to the
		AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib
gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib"/>

  I will add a configuration "msvcex-8.0" to the solution generate
scripts to support MSVCExpress.
In this configuration AdditionalDependencies abowe will be explicitly
specified in all projects to avoid
dependence from content of corewin_express.vsprops file.

Farid.