stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey Winn" <geoff.w...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem building stdcxx on Windows XP
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:04:20 GMT
Hi. I'm trying to build the latest release on Windows XP SP2. I'm intending
to build it with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, although I don't get
that far.

I retrieved stdcxx-incubating-4.1.3.tar.gz from the web site and unpacked it
to create a stdcxx-4.1.3 directory.

Then, following the instructions in the readme I tried

> .\generate.bat /BUILDDIR:Temp /CONFIG:msvc-7.1

getting

Solution generation script
Checking arguments...
Building directory tree created
Checking consistence...
Generate: Solution with the name msvc-7.1 not found

so then I tried

.\generate.bat /BUILDDIR:Temp /CONFIG:VC71

and this time got

Solution generation script
Checking arguments...
Building directory tree created
Checking consistence...
Creating projects...
C:\Users\gwinn\Tuscany\stdcxx\stdcxx-4.1.3\etc\config\windows\generate.wsf(17,
6) WshShell.Exec: The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm guessing that the second one is the correct command - but I'm missing
some pre-req.

Can anyone see what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.