stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: How to use stdcxx in a Visual Studio project
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 15:42:22 GMT
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm looking into how we might use stdcxx in the SDO for C++ Apache
> Tuscany
> project (http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/)
>
> I've looked at the web site (http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/#users)
> and
> I can see how to obtain the source, however, we'd rather not be in the
> business of building stdcxx as part of our project, so I wondered if
> there
> are any pre-built versions available?

There are no prebuilt binaries, but it's easy to create them using
the generated solution. Download the latest stable tarball from here:
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/download.html. After unpacking it
use the generate.bat command to generate a VisualStudio solution
populated with projects for the library, examples, and a small
number of tests (the testsuite is still being migrated from the
Rogue Wave test infrastructure over to the stdcxx one).

> Also, does anyone have any experience of modifying Visual Studio to use
> stdcxx rather than its own equivalent?

The generated solution is, IMO, a good example of how to integrate
the library into VisualStudio projects, complete with dependencies
etc.

Martin