stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From "ryan owen" <rya...@gmail.com>
Subject strstream infinite loop
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 04:30:25 GMT
I'm new to stdcxx and the mailing list, but I'm hoping someone can
help with the problem I'm having.  My environment is HP-UX 11.00,
patched such that libc contains wide character support (although its
missing a few functions). I'm using stdcxx 4.1.3 built with GCC 3.2.1.
 The config.h used to build it is attached

The problem is that whenever a strstream is used, the program goes
into an infinite loop.  I'm not sure exactly what condition causes the
problem.  In my code, it happens if I direct an endl into the
strstream object (strstreamobject << endl) or when the object goes out
of scope.  If I run the strstream example include in the stdcxx source
tarball, it gets as far as outputting "Full text, 104 characters: "
followed by "This is the story of a man." in various languages.  The
example is supposed to then loop through the stream one line at a
time, but it hangs instead.

I've looked at the preprocessor output to make sure that the strstream
symbol is being resolved to the one defined in stdcxx at compile time,
and not from some gcc header.

The verbose linker output shows that it is also resolving to stdcxx at
link time.

Various symbols that stdcxx references, such as the new and delete
operators, are being resolved to GNU's libsupc++.  I'm not sure if
there are any incompatibilities between stdcxx and GNU's libsupc++
that may be causing the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?  Any
help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

-Ryan