stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: Library Build Problem for Windows
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:33:14 GMT
Craig Chariton wrote:
> I am experiencing problems building the library on Windows.  Probably
> user
> error, but could be a configuration problem.

It might help to see the errors you're getting.

> Since we don't have
> instructions yet for installing on Windows, I would appreciate a
> step-by-step process from someone who has successfully built the library
> on
> Windows XP starting from square one (files downloaded and ready for
> use).

The steps that work for me are pretty simple (the generate.bat
script will print out usage help if invoked with the incorrect
or incomplete arguments):

In $TOPDIR (i.e., in the directory where you extracted the tarball),
enter at the VisualStudio command prompt the following:

     > .\generate.bat /CONFIG:VC71 /BUILDDIR:<build-dir>

Your environment needs to be set up to use the VisualStudio command
line tools. You also need to have the uuidgen.exe program in your

That's about all I can tell you. If this doesn't work Anton should
be able to answer any followup questions you might have.

View raw message