stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Compiling stdcxx using Sun Studio 11 on Solaris 8
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:36:34 GMT
Dipak Bapatla wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>   I removed most of the stuff from my PATH in my .profile and now
> everything compiles fine. I dont know what was in my .profile that
> causes this problem. I will post to this list once I know what was
> causing this problem.

Ah! Bitten by the environment... I think it was still a useful
exercise, even if it might have been somewhat frustrating for
you. I suspect the infrastructure found an unexpected utility
in your PATH (say a different, non-POSIX sed or grep) and failed
to function properly. It would be good to know which utility
caused this. If it isn't too much trouble, could you check to
see which of the following utilities are different between
the two environments (use the which command to compare the
pathnames of each):

     awk
     basename
     grep