stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Compiling stdcxx using Sun Studio 11 on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:00:57 GMT
Dipak Bapatla wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>   I started out trying to build without using the config at the end, as
> mentioned in the README. But I end up with a lot of errors similar to
> the one below. So I decided I would do the build in steps. When I do it
> in steps, I dont see these errors.

Interesting and disturbing at the same time :(

>   checking if linker is sane
> "/opt/idev3/dbapatla/stdcxx-4.1.3/include/rw/_con
> fig.h", line 29: Error: Could not open include file<config.h>.
> 1 Error(s) detected.

This suggests some odd setup issue. This stage doesn't involve the
library headers, and the error certainly doesn't make sense for a
link test.

I just did a Sun Studio 11 build with the latest trunk on Solaris 10
(AMD) and didn't see any of the problems you noted. We don't have the
compiler on any of our SPARC boxes yet. Let me look at your log and
try to build 4.1.3 on the same AMD machine to see if I can reproduce
the errors you are seeing.

Martin